Still room on dinner train and spring drive May 11
WOW! The spring tour is just around the next snowbank! We have room for a few more so if you want to join us, act soon.
This tour on May 11 requires some early planning and commitment.
We are planning a spirited drive to North Freedom, Wis., west of Baraboo.
Details of the drive will be emailed to you nearer to the date of May 11.
Our first spring drive though delightfully curvy roads will end at the Mid Continent Railway Museum in North Freedom, Wis.
There we will board a Pullman Dining Car built in 1929, and be served a five course dinner by a formally clad, friendly and very skilled volunteer waitstaff. Dinner is prepared on the train. You will dine on a predetermined meal of your choice (from the menu below) and enjoy the emerging spring foliage as you travel through the Wisconsin countryside. The train departs the station at 5:30 p.m. and returns about 8 to 8:30 p.m. Sunset is 8:09 p.m.
If you don't want to drive back to Milwaukee that night, many hotels are available in the Madison or Wisconsin Dells area. The train will return to North Freedom between 8:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. The trip back to Milwaukee is about 2 hours. Starting point and departure time will be emailed to the paid participants.
Dinner and the train ride will have two options:
- Dinner with non-alcoholic beverages $80 per person
- Dinner with all the alcohol you wish to consume. (Remember you need to drive home.) $90 per person
Make checks payable to: PCA Milwaukee Region
RSVP: Send the check, your phone number, email address and your name, your guest name and each attendee's dinner choice (with or without alcohol) to:
N27 W30071 Maple Ave.
Pewaukee, WI 53072
Curried Chicken Puffs, Crudité of Home-grown Garden Vegetables with Dill Weed Dip, Harlequin Terrine of Spinach and Feta and Olive Tapenade with Flat Breads
Classic Caesar Salad tossed with Caesar Dressing of the Drake Hotel, Chicago, Seasoned Croutons, Parmesan Cheese and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
Cheesy Wisconsin Broccoli Soup with Garlic Croutons and Aged Shredded Cheddar
Entrée (choose one)
- Herb Encrusted Roast Tenderloin of Beef on Red Wine Butter Sauce with Baby Twice Baked Reds and Buttered Vegetable Melody
- Pan Seared Canadian Walleye Pike served with Brown Butter Sauce on Egg Noodles Vienna Style and Asparagus with Citrus Jus
- Roasted Stuffed Breast of Chicken, Old World Style with Sage & Cranberry Stuffing, Glazed Breast with Apple Chicken Bordelaise and Braised Vegetable
- Pan Seared Eggplant Parmesan served with Tomato Basil Sauce and Mixed Vegetable Sauté
Apple Harvest Trio: Apple Crisp with vanilla crème and Oatmeal Crumble, Apple Cinnamon Turnover Pastry and Caramel Apple Flambé
Don't delay in sending in your RSVP.
414-581-1878 or email: